Sunday, March 24, 2013

I Got a Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox!

Photo from Influenster

I recently joined a website called Influenster where you review products and participate in activities.  One of the potential things you can be picked to do is to receive a VoxBox. What is a VoxBox you ask? Imagine coming home from a long day at work and at your front door is box full of products that you've been given to test out and review. That's a VoxBox! I literally squealed when I came home and found it. I'd love to tell you about the stuff I got.


Colgate Optic White

The first things I pulled out of the box were all items from Colgate's Optic White products. I received a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash. Colgate says to use all three products for whiter teeth in 5 days. I've gotta say it's been 5 days and I absolutely see a difference. The reviews that I've read say that after 4 weeks your teeth get super white and I really can't wait.

The toothbrush is awesome.  The head is large enough to really get my teeth from edge-to-edge. The brush has polishers which help whiten and my teeth feel really clean with this brush.  The toothpaste is nice and minty without being too intense.  It's fizzes up nicely and really leaves my mouth feeling clean. The mouthwash has taken a bit to get used to. It has a somewhat unpleasant taste. It has the same effect as white strips in that it bubbles up a bit on my teeth. Although it has no alcohol it does burn a bit and I really have to work to swish for 90 seconds as instructed. That being said, the noticeable whitening absolutely makes it worth it.

 belVita

Next up was a package of belVita breakfast biscuits. I received a package of 4 Cinnamon and Brown Sugar biscuits which constitutes one serving.  I was skeptical that 4 delicious cookies would be satisfying for breakfast and I was definitely wrong. I had the biscuits plus a smoothie made of strawberry, banana, and Greek yogurt. I was satisfied throughout the whole morning and had a ton of energy. The belVita's have a great grainy texture from the whole grains. I've already bought a box from the supermarket for breakfast. I chose blueberry this time and they are even better than the cinnamon and brown sugar. Delish and I never would have tried them if I hadn't gotten the sample.

Vaseline Spray and Go

I was super excited to pull a bottle of Vaseline Spray and Go out of the VoxBox after seeing ads for it all over the place. This lotion is perfect for exactly what it's advertised for; You can spray this on right before you get dressed and it absorbs super quickly. The lotion isn't heavy duty enough to handle the KP on my arms but it smells great and handles small jobs like last minute moisturizing before heading out for the day. The only problem I have with it is that it comes out of the bottle freezing cold!!! I imagine that it won't be so bad in the summer but it's quite unpleasant during NY winters.

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes

I wasn't sure what to think about the box of Dickinson's towelettes that I received. I have super sensitive skin and figured that these would be way too harsh. I was completely wrong. A little research on Dickinson's website taught me that witch hazel is absolutely appropriate for sensitive skin. The towelettes are a great size. Some towelettes of other products are so small that you have to use two. That's certainly not the case with these. One towelette more than worked for my face. After using it my skin had this wonderful tingly feeling. These are going to be a staple for me this summer. They're perfect for throwing in my purse and always having one on me.

Nectresse

Nectresse is a new product in the natural no calorie sweetener market from the makers of Splenda. This was the only product in my VoxBox that I didn't like. Nectresse is made from monk fruit. I definitely feel that this product is perfect for those who use stevia. Nectresse is much more sugar-like than stevia and therefore more appealing as a sugar substitute. The one thing I don't like is that there is a bitter aftertaste just like with stevia. I don't like stevia because of the bitterness and don't enjoy Nectresse for the same reason. I will absolutely recommend this product to people who use stevia. I think they'd really like it.
 

No comments: